Just like the ROKU streaming device, the TCL ROKU TV remote works by connecting to the internet. That means, if you lose the remote, you cannot control your TV.
Luckily, there are a few walk-around solutions that you can use to turn on TCL ROKU TV without a remote.
In this blog post, we have compiled these methods step by step that you can use for powering up and controlling your TCL ROKU TV.
So, without any further delay, let’s checkout the details.
Turning on TCL ROKU TV Without Remote
Luckily, there are a few ways for turning on your TCL ROKU TV without the need for a remote. You can follow either of these methods for turning on your TCL TV.
If your TCL TV was previously connected to a familiar network, then the process becomes even easier. Nonetheless, let’s checkout these methods.
Related: How to Connect ROKU to WIFI Without Remote
Powering Up TCL ROKU TV Using Mobile Application (Familiar WIFI Network)
If your TCL ROKU TV was connected to your home WIFI network, then you can easily turn it on using the ROKU TV mobile application, available on the Google Play Store, and the Apple App Store.
The procedure for controlling the TV is also super-simple and straightforward in this method.
Here are the Steps for Controlling TCL ROKU TV with Mobile App:
- Firstly, connect your mobile phone to the same wireless network as your TCL TV.
- Now, go to the Google PlayStore or the Apple App Store according to the OS of your device and download the “ROKU Mobile Application”.
- After downloading the mobile application, open it.
- Now, select your TCL ROKU TV, and click on the remote.
- Voila! You can now turn on the TCL TV without needing the physical remote.
Turning on TCL ROKU TV Using Mobile Application (Un-Familiar WIFI Network)
Things get a little tricky if your TCL ROKU TV was previously connected to a wireless network that is not available anymore.
The good news is, you can still control the TCL TV in such a condition, all you need is to know the SSID, and password of that wireless network.
By utilizing the mobile hotspot of another smartphone, you can easily turn-on the TCL TV, and change the WIFI network to your preferred one.
Here are the Steps for Turning on TCL ROKU TV Using Mobile Hotspot:
- First of all, turn on the hotspot of your mobile phone.
- Configure it with the same SSID, and password as of the previous network.
- Now, connect your other smartphone with this wireless network, and download the ROKU TV app from the store.
- Open the ROKU TV application, and select your ROKU TCL TV from the available list.
- After selecting it, open the remote from the settings, and press the power button.
- Finally, go to the “Settings”, and change the wireless network to your current network to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
Turning on TCL ROKU TV Using Ethernet Port
If you have an ethernet port on your TCL TV, then you can use this port for connecting your TCL ROKU TV using your home network.
Also, it’s a very straightforward method that does not require any complexities. All you need is the LAN cable for wired connection.
Here are the Steps for Turning on TCL ROKU TV Using Ethernet Port:
- Connect the LAN cable of your home’s wireless network to your TCL ROKU TV.
- Now, connect your mobile phone to the same wireless network.
- Download the “ROKU TV” mobile application from the Playstore/App Store.
- Open the mobile application, and select your TCL ROKU TV from the available list.
- Select the remote option from the available list.
- Now, you can control the entire functions of the TV using the remote.
You can read it also: How to Sideload Apps on Hisense Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Turn on TCL ROKU TV Without Remote?
Yes, we can turn on the TCL ROKU TV without the remote. In fact, we have listed three different methods above that you can use for turning on TCL TV without the need for a physical remote.
Can We Control TCL ROKU TV With IR Blaster?
No, you cannot control the TCL ROKU TV with an IR blaster remote, as the ROKU OS remote works directly by communication with your TV’s wireless network.
What is TCL ROKU TV?
The TCL ROKU TV is simply a “TCL” TV, built on the ROKU OS platform. ROKU alongside manufacturing its streaming devices, also partnerships with different TV brands to manufacture TV with built-in ROKU OS.
Since TCL ROKU TV is built on the ROKU platform, it requires to have its WIFI-enabled remote for working.
Losing remotes is a common issue now-a-days, if you have lost your TCS ROKU remote, in this guide we have provided you with the alternative methods that you can follow for powering up your TCL TV without the need of the remote.
Leave a Reply